What is the New Kids On The Block Program?
Screenworks created the New Kids on the Block Program in 2022 to acknowledge the costs associated with attending the 3-day Regional To Global Screen Forum and to address the anxiety of being a "New Kid" at any event, providing financial and in-person support for all successful applicants.
What a success.. and with that we are running it again. BIGGER AND BETTER!
Supported by Screen NSW, Screen Queensland, Screen Tasmania, the South Australian Film Corporation and Screen Territory we are proud to announce its return in 2023.
At the heart of the New Kids On The Block Program is the fact that it has been designed to make the conference for first-timers a friendly experience where they don't feel alone.
Conferences can be intimidating - we love seeing the participants in this program become friends, network together and carry on professional connections. The financial support provided by the state funding bodies helps regional people with travel and accommodation costs associated with attending the conference.
Having peers from other regional areas helps in the process of brainstorming, work opportunities, knowledge of different locations, and enlarging your circle of industry connections.
In addition to receiving financial support to attend the conference, participants selected for this program will be invited to meet each other via zoom in the lead-up to the Forum, connect via a Whats App group and attend an in-person meet and greet to be held the night before R2GSF opens - Wednesday 29th March. Hosted by Screenworks, the participants will have a chance to have a walkthrough of the venue, get a better understanding of the schedule, meet with Screenworks staff and meet each other.
Screenworks strongly encourages all applicants from First Nations and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, LGBTQIA+ community, and CaLD people and will be supporting Gender Equality throughout this program and its selection process.
What does each selected participant receive?
Each participant selected for the program will receive:
Funding from each of the participating state funding bodies will allow for the following number of participants:
Who can apply?
To be eligible to apply for this program, applicants need to have been living in regional NSW, regional Queensland, regional South Australia, or Tasmania for more than 6 months, and not have attended a Regional To Global Screen Forum before.
FOR NORTHERN TERRITORY APPLICANTS: Please CLICK HERE to apply to Screen Territory's Travel Support Program to be a part of this program.
How to apply?
Applications are currently open. You will need to fill out our online application form by no later than 9am (AEDT), MONDAY 9 FEB 2023.
Applicants also have the option to submit a video application - simply fill in the form and record your responses to section 4 and 5. Please use this link to see a PDF of the application form (if you require a word document version of the application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org).
If you do not have access to the internet or need assistance to complete the application form, you may contact Screenworks on (02) 6681 1188 to receive help or a paper application form.
How will applicants be selected?
Applications will be assessed based on the applicant's responses to the questions in the online application form. Selection will take into account diversity of location, previous experience and financial barriers to attending the event.
Please note: due to the limited scholarships available, the number of applications we receive may outweigh our ability to support.
Screenworks' New Kids On The Block Program is supported by Screen NSW, Screen Queensland, Screen Tasmania, South Australian Film Corporation and Screen Territory.
If you have the right stuff then APPLY NOW
NEW KIDS ON THE BLOCK is proudly supported by Screen NSW, Screen Queensland, Screen Tasmania, South Australian Film Corporation and Screen Territory.
Program Terms & Conditions:
By submitting a New Kids on the Block Program application form, applicants ("I") agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions:
1. I understand that I must have been living in regional NSW, regional Queensland, Tasmania, or regional South Australia for more than 6 months, and have NOT attended a Regional to Global Screen Forum before.
2. I understand and agree that Screenworks and other assessors will review my application to assess my suitability for one of the placements offered as part of this program.
3. If selected for the New Kids on the Block Program I understand and agree to be interviewed, photographed or recorded during any part of my attendance at the 2023 Screenworks' Regional to Global Screen Forum event. Any such recording, photograph or interview may be used across any media format for promotional and/or reporting purposes by Screenworks or the relevant state/territory funding body.
4. I agree that, if successful with this application, I will be available (or will make myself available) to travel to Lennox Head NSW to attend the 2023 Screenworks' Regional to Global Screen Forum between 29 March - 1 April 2023.
5. I agree that, if I am unable to attend the 2023 Screenworks' Regional to Global Screen Forum I will refund all monies received as part of this program.
6. I warrant and confirm that the information I give in this application is true and correct and I understand that it will be used to determine my suitability for the Screenworks' New Kids on the Block Program.
7. I understand that applying to Screenworks' New Kids on the Block Program does not guarantee that I will receive funding support as part of the program.
8. I understand that if selected I will be required to provide a final written report of 2 pages to Screenworks on my experience in the program to be delivered within 2 weeks of the event. Failure to provide a written report will result in the recipient reimbursing Screenworks for any funding received under this program.
9. I acknowledge that Northern Rivers Screenworks Inc. has the right to withdraw any offer to receive support from the Screenworks' New Kids on the Block Program if it is discovered that any statement made by me in this application is incorrect, incomplete or misleading, in a way that may have affected the application assessment process.
Please note: Screenworks' assessment committee will assess all eligible applications against a set of guidelines and assessment criteria. The assessors are under no obligation to read all content provided. Your application will be provided to the relevant state or territory funding body for final approval.
The assessors will not redress errors in applications. If an application is deemed ineligible, it will not be assessed. Screenworks will make the ultimate decision regarding the successful applicants. This decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into.